Mulled Wine

So I’m guessing these symbols refer to the drinking of calda (calida), a hot beverage typically of diluted wine.  Not fancy stuff, but the type you’d get in a cheap thermopolia, the ladle protects the server’s hands and the handle on the tankard that of the drinker.


See previous post for type and controlmark info.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s